Keeping you safe for face to face physiotherapy sessions during this pandemic
We just wanted to let you know the precautions we are taking at The West Point Practice to ensure that we are COVID-secure:
- We have extended the physiotherapy appointment times from 45 minutes to one hour. This allows us time to clean, disinfect and air the treatment room between appointments.
- Each patient’s temperature will be taken and recorded on entering the physio clinic.
- Each physiotherapists temperature is taken and recorded at the beginning of each clinic.
- Should your physio feel unwell or be asked to self-isolate, your appointment will need to be rescheduled. We will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible.
- Your physiotherapist will sanitise their hands with alcohol gel before and after your session.
- Your physiotherapist will wear a face mask throughout the consultation and also don full PE (surgical face mask, gloves, apron and face shield/goggles) during examination and treatment.
- Receipts and exercises will be paperless and emailed where possible.
What we are asking of our clients:
- Please try to arrive on time for their physio appointment rather than early to limit patient crossover in the waiting area.
- If you feel unwell, please let us know as soon as you can and do not attend. Contact us via phone or email and we will be happy to rearrange your physio appointment.
- If it is your first time in clinic during the pandemic, we ask that you complete a consent form which will be emailed in the 24h preceding your appointment.
- For subsequent appointments, please complete a symptom check form which will be emailed to ensure that you are symptom free when attending your physiotherapy session.
- Please make sure that you wear a facemask while in clinic unless you are medically exempt.
- We ask that all payments made are contactless where possible or electronically via stripe or BACs.
- If you have been abroad, please ensure your appointment is more than two weeks after your return to the country.
The above changes have been implemented over the past few months as a result of the pandemic. We are slowly getting used to the new normal and have received positive feedback from clients on how safe they feel during their treatment sessions. As always, if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact either Mayu or David.