Pilates Exercise of the Week No. 3 – SUPERMAN IN 4 POINT KNEELING
Hi everyone, this week’s Pilates exercise is what I call the Superman in 4-point kneeling. It is an exercise that will help to improve shoulder stability, upper back strength as well as glutes and hamstring strength. This great exercise gets a lot of bang for your buck!
SUPERMAN IN 4 POINT KNEELING
- Start in 4-point kneeling on your knees and your hands. Aim to have your shoulders above your hands and hips above your knees.
- Start off by lifting your right arm and left leg. The aim is to try and hold the arm and leg in a position parallel with the floor.
- Hold this position for a count of 5 seconds.
- Then bring your hand and knee together and then straighten the arm and leg again and hold again for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times and then swap and work the opposite sides.
- Aim to do 2 sets.