Pilates Exercise of the Week No. 6 – Dead Bug
So, this week’s exercise is a great exercise for working the abdominals as well as testing your co-ordination between your arms and legs!
- Lying down on your back, bend your knees and hips to 90 degrees (known as the tabletop position) and point your hands towards the ceiling.
- Gently contract your abdominals. Whilst breathing in, lower your foot and opposite hand to the floor and then and your breath out return to the start position.
- Try to keep the arm and leg which is not moving still.
- Repeat on the opposite arm and leg.
- Repeat 10 times.
- You can make this exercise more difficult by placing your foot down further away from you.
- Make sure the lower part of your back maintains contact with the floor throughout. If you feel the lower part of your back arch up, bring the foot down closer to yourself.